Thursday 26 January 2017

Why I choose to Write as a Profession?

I choose to write a s a Profession because:

  1. I want to record the memories of my childhood days to  64 years old, I am to-day.  When I am 64, I want to do something worth while.  Something that  can be remembered in family history.
  2. I suffer from essential tremors and make it unable for me to earn a normal living. I come from a family of  five, from my first mother and and additional step sister from my second mother. I purchased a small dwelling with the money I saved before I fell ill with essential tremors.   To-day, I lived alone, as my spouse  left me and took my children with her  when I was suffering from over active thyroid and I was paralyzed. I now  lived alone.  Even though I am alone, there are  expenses to be met.  I need money for groceries, and meals, water bills to be paid, electricity bills, assessment maintenance management fees, gas, etc.  I only earned a living wage of RM600.00 not enough to cover my expenses. It was good enough to have a good  sister  to subsidize  my expenses.  It is not that I am greedy, I  would prefer to stand for myself and support my own livelihood.  It is not that I am ungrateful for my sister assistance. but I need to be a man.
I write because I want to be heard and understand.  I want my family and friends to understand why I did all I did, and why my wife left me and why my children  doesn't care for me.  I wrote my first book Otard and self published it.  It was not a brilliant idea.  I had no idea of book publishing and where to find them.  To-day I had joined some writers group , like Malaysian Writers Community and MYWriters Penang.  With these I  gather  information which is of great assistance to me. I got a copy the 2015 Guide to Manuscript Publishers (81 Traditional Book Publishers  that don't require agents), 2016 Guide  to Manuscript Publishers, The Paid  Publishing Guide Book.  Information on shot stories competitions and fiction competition. The Malaysian Writers Community and MYWriters Penang  has been valuable and helpful as to source and information on writing.

MY Passion for writing grew when I am struck with illness.  It was my childhood ambition to write, but I never got down to take action. Today I had 4 submissions and  a second book in the process of completion.  Writing is a number game.  The more you write the chances of your work will get noticed.

Feel free to comment on  my blog or if you have any questions to asks, I will be more thang glad to answer you questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment